Lying at foot of Nyima mountain in the outskirts of Shigatse, The TashiLhunpo Monastery was built in 1447 under supervision of the first Dalai Lama Gedhun Drupa,one of the disciples of great Master Tsongkapa. Later it has served as the dwelling place for Respetive Panchen Lama. The TashiLhunpo Monastery contains a 22.4 m high glided bronze statue of Matriaya Buddha, the tallest of its kind in the world.

Leave a Reply