Frontier Pass is the official permission for all travelers from home and abroad, who want to tour the border between Tibet with other regions or other countries. Without this pass, travelers will not be allowed to travel these border area.
1. Who should apply for Frontier Pass?
All travelers, whether they are Chinese or not, need to apply for the Frontier Pass when they plan to tour the remote border between Tibet regions with other countries, such as Everest Base Camp, Mt. Kailash, etc.
2. How to apply for Frontier Pass?
So far, Tibet does not allow foreign travelers to travel alone and all tourists should participate a “group tour” itinerary of a Tibet local travel agency. We, local travel agency, can help you apply for Tibet Frontier Pass. You need to send us the following documents:
- 1) copy of passport;
- 2) tour itinerary of our website;
- 3) copy of your China Visa;
- 4) copy of your TTB permit – if you book our Tibet tour, we can apply for TTB permit.
3. When and where to apply for Frontier Pass?
Frontier Pass is issued by Armed Police Tibet Frontier Corps in Lhasa. If you book our Tibet tour, we can deal with your all Tibet Travel Permits. The application time may be 3 to 5 days, please leave us enough time to apply for it.
4. Where is Frontier Pass Used?
If you travel the remote border, you will be required to show your Tibet Frontier Pass to the Check Points. Even if you fly to Kathmandu from Lhasa, you will be asked to show it at the airport.